Stillwater Public Library releases its fall 2013 computer class schedule
MEDIA RELEASE • For Immediate Release
(STILLWATER, OKLA. / Aug. 26, 2013) – The Stillwater Public Library is offering a variety of free computer classes to the community this fall. The classes are open to the public and will be held in the library’s computer lab. Seating for most classes is limited.
Fall classes include:
- Intermediate Facebook, Thursday, Sept. 19 at 6 p.m.
- Beginning Excel, Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 6 p.m.
- Beginning Word, Monday, Oct. 14 at 6:30 p.m.
- Excel Formulas, Thursday, Oct. 17 at 6 p.m.
- iOS7 Highlights, Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Noon
- iPhone Tips & Tricks, Friday, Nov. 8 at Noon
- Excel Charts, Pies and Graphs, Thursday, Nov. 14 at 6 p.m.
- Intermediate Word, Monday, Nov. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
In addition to these classes, the library will offer instructional sessions on using three of its databases, which are accessible online with a library card. The classes include:
- Brainfuse Help Now, Saturday, Sept. 21 at 1:30 p.m. HelpNow provides live online tutoring, expert instruction, and self-study for students in kindergarten through college. Tutors are available each day from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Brainfuse JobNow, Thursday, Oct. 24 at 6:30 p.m. JobNow provides online job searching tools, including a resume builder and live coaching. Experts are available each day from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Oklahoma Virtual Library Tips & Tricks, Wednesday, Dec. 11 at Noon. The library will provide special navigation techniques for its eBook and downloadable audiobook service.
Registration for classes is online at http://library.stillwater.org. The listings will describe the skills that will be learned and the skills required to enroll in each class.
Computer learners are also encouraged to explore the short-term, fee-based classes offered by Meridian Technology Center which include instruction on beginning computer skills, social media programs, mobile technology, Microsoft Office and much more. To view its classes, visit http://www.meridiantech.edu/computer. For further information contact MTC’s Computer Training Services at 405-377-3333.
In addition, the library encourages computer users to visit the computer section for new material on beginning, intermediate and advanced subjects.For more information about library classes, visit the library’s web site at library.stillwater.org or contact the library Help Desk at (405) 372-3633, ext. 106 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.