The Water Utilities Engineering Department focuses on the following strategies outlined in the City of Stillwater's Strategic Plan.
#1 - Effective Services & Accountable Government
Purpose: To provide effective services and accountable government for all citizens by practicing fiscal responsibility, transparency and outstanding customer service.
- 1.1.1 - Provide assurance of regulatory and policy compliance to minimize and mitigate risk.
- 1.2.1 - Connect the City's strategic plan to the annual budget ensuring the funding for Council initiatives.
#2 - Motivated Management
Purpose: To serve with integrity and demonstrate proactive leadership, motivated management and smart planning skills that focus on results needed to create a better community.
- 2.1.3 - Increase awareness of master plans and design projects that align accordingly.
#4 - Connected Spaces
Purpose: To develop a strong sense of place that recognizes the interconnectedness of people, buildings and public systems (such as transportation, utilities and parks) that best serve the needs of the public.
- 4.1.1 - Develop and/or update infrastructure master plans that include detailed implementation strategies.
- 4.1.2 - Make decisions that meet the demands of current customers while always planning for the needs of future generations.
- 4.1.3 - Prioritize funding and support resource allocation to maintain existing infrastructure assets and/or to plan for future growth.
- 4.3.2 - Identify and utilize funding sources for publicly owned and maintained facilities and infrastructure.
#5 - Unique Culture
Purpose: To cultivate partnerships that enhance the unique culture of Stillwater with equal access to services and amenities, strong and connected neighborhoods, and a thriving economy and business atmosphere.
- 5.2.1 - Encourage open communication and foster positive and respectful relationships among neighborhoods.
#6 - Engaged and Invested Residents
Purpose: To encourage participation and an understanding of government through outreach and inclusiveness initiatives that inspire trust, confidence, and ownership in local government.
- 6.1.1 - Provide open and transparent access to information.
- 6.2.1 - Provide up to date content on the City's website, social media and local government access channel.
Content last reviewed 06.30.2021