Homebuyer Education Class Sign Up
The City offers free classes to prepare first-time homebuyers for purchase and ownership of their new home.
This class covers the pros and cons of homeownership, saving and preparing for purchase, and what to expect up to closing day. Below are a few of the subjects covered:
- Terms used and what they mean (capacity, character, Escrow, ratios, etc.)
- Types of insurance available and what you need
- Types of loans, what is best for you
- Choosing a lender, real estate agent, inspector and more
- Expenses that come with owning a home
- Planning how much home you can afford
- Choosing a location, type of home and what your home must have.
- Closing documents
Classes will be held at the Municipal Building, 723 S. Lewis St. The class is completed on computer at your own pace, but with a monitor to assist and answer questions as needed. It is offered monthly and is available one on one under extenuating circumstances and by appointment. Those wishing to attend the class are highly encouraged to pre-register. Seating is limited. The class duration is 2.5 to 3 hours and includes a 25 question exam.
A certificate of successful completion is issued with a score of 80% or more. Anyone wishing to take part in the City of Stillwater Down Payment assistance is required to take and pass this education component.
Sign up for a free class using the form below.