FY 18 Budget Process & Timeline
The budget approval timeline is as follows:
- July-December: Staff begins work on next year's budget.
- January: Stillwater City Council holds a study session to discuss next year's budget.
- February-April: Staff visits local groups and organizations to discuss the budget.
- March: First public hearing on the budget.
- April: Second public hearing on the budget.
- May: Presentation of ordinance to approve FY18 budget. Must be approved by City Council.
- July: New fiscal year begins.
You are a part of the process.
If you'd like a city staff member to speak at your group or organization, complete the Request a Speaker form.