RECALL INFORMATION AND UPDATES
(STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA / Nov. 10, 2020)
NOTE: Updates will be posted on this news page.
Step for recall as outlined in the City Charter.
1. The petitions must be turned into the city clerk by 5 p.m. November 9, 2020
2. The city clerk will examine the petitions to determine if they are in proper form. By Charter, this process (along with items 3, 4 and 5 below) can take up to 30 days.
3. The city clerk will send the signed petitions to the election board who will verify the signatures and determine if they are registered voters of the city.
4. The election board will notify the city clerk as to the count of verified signatures on each petition.
5. The city clerk will prepare a certification page indicating whether the petitions are valid or not and forward it to the City Council.
6. If valid, the City Council will call an election. The earliest possible date is February 9, 2021; the next available date is April 6, 2021. Legal challenges to the sufficiency of the petitions could delay the election date further.