Stillwater Public Library releases its schedule for free computer classes
(STILLWATER, OKLA. / Dec. 27, 2013) – The Stillwater Public Library has released the schedule for its free computer classes which will be offered Jan. 9 – May 10. The classes are open to the public and will be held in the library’s computer lab. Seating for classes is limited and registration is required.
Students may choose from the following single-session classes:
- Introduction to Computers and Using a Mouse, Thursday, Jan. 9 at 5:30 p.m.
- Introduction to Computers and Using a Mouse, Monday, Feb. 17 at noon.
- Introduction to Computers and Using a Mouse, Saturday, March 15 at 1:30 p.m.
- Beginning Email, Thursday, Jan. 16 at 5:30 p.m.
- Beginning Email, Monday, Feb. 24 at noon
- Beginning Email, Saturday, March 22 at 1:30 p.m.
- Internet Searching, Monday, Jan. 27 at 5:30 p.m.
- Internet Searching, Friday, March 7 at 1:30 p.m.
- Beginning Excel, Monday, Feb. 10 at 2 p.m.
- Beginning Excel, Thursday, March 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Beginning Word, Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 4:30 p.m.
- Beginning Word, Monday, April 28 at 11 a.m.
- Beginning Facebook, Saturday, Feb. 22 at 2 p.m.
- Beginning Facebook, Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m.
In addition to these core classes, the library will offer two new specialized programs.
On Thursday, March 20 at 1 p.m., computer specialists will be present to assist participants in troubleshooting problems with their computers. Registration for this program will begin in late February.
The library will also offer two four-week, self-directed keyboarding lessons. The first session begins Friday, Jan. 24 at 1:30 p.m. and will meet each Friday at the same time through Feb. 14. The second session will meet each Saturday at 1:30 p.m. April 19 - May 10.
To register for classes, please call 405.372.3633 x8106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each class meets only once, except for the keyboarding series which meets on four dates. Students taking any class other than “Introduction to Computers and Using a Mouse” must be able to use a mouse.
Computer learners are also encouraged to explore the more advanced, fee-based classes being offered by Meridian Technology Center. To view its classes, visit http://www.meridiantech.edu/computer. For further information contact MTC’s Computer Training Services at 405-377-3333.