Residential Trash (Waste) Collection Services
» Contact Utility Customer Service to start, stop or transfer trash service. (405) 742-8269.
The City of Stillwater offers Blue Cart service to residents living in single-family, duplexes and mobile homes. Customers may choose the cart size that best fits their needs.The different capacities allow you to pay a monthly rate equivalent to the volume of waste generated by your household.
- Find Your Collection Day
- Download the Residential Trash Collection Day Map (.pdf)
- Visit Map & GIS Information for an interactive map. Once there, click "accept."
- Collection Times
- On your collection day, roll the Blue Cart to the curb before 6 a.m. Staff empties carts once per week using trucks equipped with an articulating arm.
- Municipal code says that Blue Carts may be placed curbside "no more than 12 hours prior to the day of collection and shall be moved off of the right-of-way before the end of the day of collection by city crews.” Failure to remove your Blue Cart from the curb may result in a $35 citation.
- Holiday Collection
The City of Stillwater runs trash routes on all holidays, including Christmas and Thanksgiving weekend. However, we don't collect yard waste on recognized city holidays.
- Missed Service
We cannot dump Blue Carts with open or ajar lids, or if the carts are not at the curbside by 6 a.m. If we missed your cart on collection day, call Utilities Customer Service at (405) 742-8269. Please note, there may be a $5 fee for return visits.
Using Blue Carts
- Curbside Instructions
- Park It. Place cart on the street, with the wheels against the curb, if there is one, or just off the roadway on the shoulder, if there isn't.
- Point It. Point arrow on cart lid towards the center of the road.
- Space It. Leave at least 5 feet of clearance between each cart and from any obstacles, including parked cars, poles, mailboxes. Yard waste bags and bundles must also be spaced away from the cart.
- Remove It. Remove cart from the curb once emptied. This will prevent loss or damage to your cart and improve safety for you and your neighbors. Failure to remove cart from the curb may result in a $35 citation.
- If It Doesn't Close, It Doesn't Go. The lid must be closed completely for collection. Overfilled containers will not be emptied. If you often have more trash than your Blue Cart can hold, consider ordering a larger cart, or visit our "Special Collection Options" page for other solutions.
- Preparing Your Trash:
- Prepare items for disposal by reducing items to smallest dimension possible (flatten boxes, crush cans, etc.).
- We recommend that you use trash bags to help keep the cart clean and reduce blown litter when trash is collected.
- Your Blue Cart is constructed from durable materials and can handle normal household waste. However, the following items should never go in your cart:
- Flammable materials
- Hazardous materials
- Construction materials
- Rocks or dirt
- Furniture items
- Serial Numbers
Each Blue Carts has a serial number that is assigned to a specific address. If you move to another residence, the Blue Cart stays at the address it's been assigned to. You'll receive another cart at your new address.