Criminal & Traffic Citations
» The information below pertains to criminal and traffic citations, but not to Parking Tickets.
- Wait 5 to 7 days before making inquiries for your citation. Each citation must be reviewed and filed with the court system.
- If you received a citation, the appearance date on your citation is your arraignment date.
- If you are pleading guilty or no contest to all charges an appearance before the judge may not be required.
- Guidelines for your court appearance.
Failure to Appear/Fail to Satisfy any Court Order
- If you fail to appear or to otherwise fail to satisfy any court order, one and all of the following items may apply:
- Your driver license could be suspended, either in Oklahoma or in your home state if you are an out-of-state visitor.
- The offense could be entered as a conviction on your record.
- A warrant could be issued for your arrest.
- A charge for failure to appear could be filed against you.
Proof of Insurance Citations
- If your insurance was in effect at the time your ticket, simply show proof at the Court Clerk's Office on or before the arraignment date, and the ticket will be dismissed without costs.
- If you obtained insurance after you received your ticket, you will be responsible for paying the fine. Proof must be shown on or before the arraignment date. NOTE: This could also affect your driving privileges.
- If you do not wish to appear in court, you may pay tickets using one of the following options:
- Pay with credit card. We accept debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- Pay by U.S. Mail. On the back of the citation, enter a plea, date and sign. Check should be made payable to the "City of Stillwater."
- Pay in person. A citation may be paid in person at the Court Clerk's Office, 723 S. Lewis St. Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.