Sales Tax Rate
Sales tax is important to Stillwater and is used to help fund local government. The total sales tax paid for purchases within Stillwater city limits is 8.813 percent (effective April 1, 2013).
Sales tax is distributed as follows:
- The City of Stillwater receives 3.5 percent.
- With 0.5 percent earmarked for the Transportation Improvement Fund.
- With 1 percent earmarked for the Stillwater Utilities Authority.
- With 2 percent earmarked for the General Fund.
- Payne County receives 0.813 percent (effective April 1, 2013).
- The State of Oklahoma receives 4.5 percent.